Last weekend we had the opportunity to visit San Francisco, California! It was our first time to the city and I can’t wait to share all of the amazing things we did in 4 busy days! For now, here are some of the highlights! Check back for details on each place
I scored a great deal on airline tickets via the Name Your Own Price option on Priceline! We stayed at the Hilton Bayfront Airport Hotel and upon arrival we had this yummy treat waiting for us in the room! These were them most delicious chocolate chip cookies I think we’ve ever eaten!
Here is one of the most photographed locations in San Francisco: Alamo Square’s “Painted Ladies.”
What a show these lazy sea lions put on for us at Pier 39! Most of them were happily snoozing away on the docks, but a handful of troublemakers wanted to pick on each other for sunbathing space!
Have a Great Weekend!!
Falls Park on the Reedy is located in downtown Greenville’s Historic West End!
Located in the heart of one of the coolest downtowns in the south!
The centerpiece of Falls Park is The Liberty Bridge! You can get great views of the entire park from here!
For more info on the park visit www.fallspark.com
Triple Falls is located in Dupont State Forest, 40 miles southwest of Asheville, NC
Good To Know:
You may recognize this waterfall from the widely popular movie the Hunger Games. This particular waterfall has the scene where Peeta is hiding in the mud and Katniss finds him.
Sky Top Orchard is nearby and a great place to pick apples (seasonal).
For the outdoorsy types, I highly recommend camping at Black Forest Family Campground if you plan on exploring the area!
Check out the Top 25 Waterfalls near Asheville
Check out Waterfall Drives and Tours, Asheville
If you’re visiting in the summer and want to plunge into the icy mountain water check out Sliding Rock, A Natural 60 ft. Waterslide in the NC Mountains
- Also visit High Falls and Hooker Falls which are on the same hiking loop! I wrote about all three a few years ago! Visit that post here.
Five of My All Time Favorite Beaches
1. Kaanapali Beach ~ Maui, Hawaii: Voted my #1 because of its sugary soft sand, light waves, sandy bottom, beautiful coral, abundance of marine life, and breathtakingly beautiful backdrop. Black Rock is known for its frequent visits by sea turtles, too!
2. Crystal Cove State Park ~ Laguna Beach, California: Voted my #2 because of its quaint feel, unique tidal pools, and fun character. Whether you’re looking to sunbathe, grab a bite to eat, horseback ride, or explore, this beach has it all!
3. Bean Point ~ Anna Maria Island, Florida: Voted my #3 because of its private and unspoiled feel. Just off shore is a sandbar where you can find sand dollars, conch shells, or possibly see a manatee swimming by. Anna Maria Island has many beautiful beaches, lots of activities, and good restaurants!
4. Black Sand Beach ~ Maui, Hawaii: Voted #4 because there are not many black sand beaches making this a unique and beautiful spot. Black lava rocks, black sand, and deep blue water make this beach a favorite for its picturesque quality! It’s located off of the Road to Hana, one of the most beautiful drives in the world!
5. Lanikai Beach ~ Oahu, Hawaii: Voted my #5 for its relaxation and beauty. There are no facilities and it’s located in a residential community, but it is by far one of the most serene beaches I’ve ever been to!
Road To Hana ~ A world famous journey down the Hana Highway, a long stretch of winding roads filled with lush tropical landscapes, natural beauty, and serene waterfalls. The town of Hana is one of the most isolated in the state, but what awaits you along the way is the most picturesque views of this unspoiled land, you don’t want to skip it! For this drive you can either drive yourself or book a tour with one of the local activities companies. Both have advantages and there’s no right or wrong way to go!
PaddleFit is a unique fitness system that combines land and water fitness to give you the ultimate workout!
I’m excited to share that My Aloha Paddle Sports and Fitness and my great friend, Dana, are now offering PaddleFit 3 classes right here on Lake Norman!
What is it Like? I’ve heard it explained like this…. Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) meets boot camp! You get to do both land and water fitness activities which targets your whole body, especially your core.
Do you have to know how to SUP? Absolutley not! You will take an assessment and get a customized program based on your own personal goals.